Image upload file browser window doesn't appear

Last post 02-11-2009, 8:41 AM by Luminousc. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-11-2009, 6:19 AM 48605

Image upload file browser window doesn't appear

Hi,
    I've got a frustrating issue where on some of the machines in our office the upload button on the image gallery doesn't show the file browser window.

On my own machine, it appears if I'm using internet explorer but not in firefox.
    On my colleagues machine (who is responsible for using the editor most) it doesn't appear in either Firefox of IE.

I've tried setting all the security on his machine as low as possible but still can't get the window to appear.

I'm using the latest release of Cute Editor (6.2) running a .Net 3.5 web app on IIS7.

Have you seen this issue?

Craig
  •  02-11-2009, 6:42 AM 48607 in reply to 48605

Re: Image upload file browser window doesn't appear

Hi Luminousc,

Can you reproduce this issue on our online example http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx?

which version of the browser you and your colleagues used?

you said 'doesn't show the file browser window', get some script error?

Regards,

Ken
  •  02-11-2009, 7:07 AM 48609 in reply to 48607

Hi Ken,

I've tested from Firefox on my machine (can't get to my colleagues machine at the minute).

Whilst the file browser window doesn't appear on my app in FF, the file browser window does appear on the cute example screen.

Unforunately, there's no javascript or compile errors.

Do you think this could have something to do with the complexity of the page or javascript or possibly because our app is running from IIS7?

Craig
  •  02-11-2009, 7:20 AM 48610 in reply to 48609

I've also now tested the example page form my colleagues machine and can confirm that it works there too.

Any ideas why it might be so choosy from my app? I could understand if it didn't work at all but it does from certain machines on certain browsers?

Craig
  •  02-11-2009, 8:41 AM 48612 in reply to 48610

ok, I've gotten it working.

I believed I was running the latest version because my version number was 6.2.0.0

However, whilst attempting to reproduce the error in a sandbox app I downloaded the latest version from the cutesoft site.
    Both versions of the dll are marked as version 6.2.0.0 but the version I just downloaded works whilst the one I already had doesn't.

Looking closer, my CuteEditor.dll has a build date of 2008-10-15 whilst the one I just downloaded has a date of 2008-12-10.

This issue might well have been avoided if Cutesoft had issued an email that prompted customers to download a bug-fixed version.

Additionally, you really should increment the build number when releasing altered software.
View as RSS news feed in XML