Rename file with 'Insert Image' dialog returns a 'Unable to rename the item' message

Last post 07-07-2008, 1:08 AM by Hajo. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-10-2008, 8:55 AM 41288

• Hajo is not online. Last active: 08-08-2013, 4:27 AM Hajo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-19-2007
    • Flevoland, The Netherlands
    • Posts 6

Rename file with 'Insert Image' dialog returns a 'Unable to rename the item' message

We have a website previously with a login system with Windows NT authentication. We are changing this to our own login form with custom login information and suchs. Now when we upload an image (which works in both situations) and then try to rename the file we get an error 'Unable to rename the item' (see screenshot). When we were still using Windows NT authentication it worked well, so this is most likely an issue of rights.

We have already tried running the website not under the standard IUSR_SERVER user but under a specific user with expliciet modify rights in the upload directory, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Does anyone have experience with this and knows how to solve this?

With regards,
    Hajo Dijkstra

•  07-07-2008, 1:08 AM 41968 in reply to 41683

• Hajo is not online. Last active: 08-08-2013, 4:27 AM Hajo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-19-2007
    • Flevoland, The Netherlands
    • Posts 6

Re: File.Move

Hello Karen,

I didn't get around to testing the script you send me until now. It turned out to be a permissions issue and I solved it by turning Impersonation on for this website. After that the uploads/rename and so on are working correctly again.

Thanks for the support.

Greetings,
    Hajo Dijkstra
View as RSS news feed in XML