Image handling in Safari and general image management questions for DNN

Last post 02-14-2008, 5:05 AM by robax. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-14-2008, 5:05 AM 37040

Image handling in Safari and general image management questions for DNN

And hi again,

I've had a look at the Image Editor and have some queries/comments.

The Dotnetnuke portal I'm testing this on has 30Mb of disk space applied in the Site Settings, yet the image editor seems to think that there is 100Mb available. Can the editor be made to respect the disk space setting in each portal?

The Image Editor window is way to small and appears to be fixed sized. Can it be enlarged in any way?

The resize option in the editor doesn't constrain proportions - this makes resizing anything but a square image a hit and miss affair. I did find a constrained resize option in the thumb-nailer, but where is it in the bigger editor?

The Image Editor that shows in IE appears to be disabled in Safari.. is this correct? Is there a plan for it to be added eventually?

In Safari again, I seen unable to click on an image that is already present in the editor. Instead of showing the resize handles, it just won't let itself be selected.

Also in Safari, the mouse cursor seems to be a hand icon all the time.

And again in Safari, the editor's context menu seems to be absent - I only get the browser's own menu.

The upshot of the last three points here is that I can't actually do anything with an image in Safari. I can insert a new image, but I can't do anything with it once it's there. What's going on.. does this work for images in Safari? The main reason I'm looking for a new editor is because FCK is completely dead in Safar and Opera.. but if I change, then it does have to work properly - not just by half.

Sorry for all the questions, but it's all quite important.

Thanks again for any info on all this.
    Rob

.... Just adding to this:

I've noted that some of the points above about Safari also go for Opera. I can select an image in Opera but I cant then do anything with it. It doesn't show up in the Image properties dialog at all. New images selected from the file system so show up in the dialog and can be resized with the thumbnailer, but not ones that were already on the page. Is full image editing support for opera coming along at some stage?

I can't seem to move a table around either... no handles or dragging cursor?

Opera has no resize handles on the image.

I also can't seem to get the cursor to show after the end of a table in Opera - it refuses to go past the last table cell. The only way to get it out is to change to HTML mode and insert some letters after the table tag.

The Image editor quite often seems to corrupt the image as it is displayed in the editor. For example, if I have a jog open in it and I drag that football player graphic from the bar on the right, onto the image, it corrupts. And if I select a small section of the image and drag it away a little bit, the same thing happens. I'm doing this in IE7, I presume it's the same in Firefox.

Ok, this seems to be failing on Safari and Opera. Is there something I've got wrong perhaps?

Thanks for further comments

View as RSS news feed in XML