Security between Web servers?

Last post 01-17-2008, 5:03 PM by fexpress. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-11-2008, 9:08 AM 36260

Security between Web servers?

We have install Live Support on a hosted IIS 6.0 server seperate from our ecommerce IIS 6.0 web server.  All is working but I need the applicaion on the Live Support server to be trunsted by the ecommerce server.  When users go to the ecommerce site with the aspx script running from the Live support server they receive a security warning: This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue?  Can anyone recommend the best solution to this problem?
  •  01-14-2008, 9:56 PM 36306 in reply to 36260

Re: Security between Web servers?

Hi:

and that cause that problem.

Currently you can open the  CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\Scripts\protoutil.js
    and change the second line
    new function SoundManager_Init()
    to:
    function SoundManager_Init()

That would fix that problem temporary and stop the sound working.

We would provide a better solution soon.

Regards , Terry .
  •  01-17-2008, 5:03 PM 36398 in reply to 36306

Re: Security between Web servers?

Terry;

Thank you for the reply; I did try your solution but it did not work.  I believe the real issue is the two webservers are not on the same domain or host providers for that matter.  The hard way to solve this is to setup a IPSEC or or authentication to allow the asp script to run on the external web server.  I'm pretty sure there is a chunk of code we can inject that would allow the two servers / web servers to trust each other I just can't remember what it is.  I really like the slim product and I am still reaching but this is a real deal breaker for us. 

If they "cutesoft" hosted the solution for us what code would we inject to prevent this popup on the web browser from our shopping cart? 

Most users would not disable this security feature and we would scare off our shoppers as you can well imagine. 

Thank you for your effort.

Bill 
View as RSS news feed in XML