DNN Trouble

Last post 01-19-2005, 1:53 AM by Nina. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-17-2005, 11:45 PM 3533

DNN Trouble

I am trying to install cutesoft into a dnn 2.1.2 installation for the first time. 

I have read the help file on installation with DNN and followed the instructions.  I am quite familiar with working with the DNN HtmlEditorProvider model ;)  but am having problems for whatever reason getting this to work..  Any help is appreciated.

This is my web.config:

<providers>
                    <add name="CEHtmlEditorProvider" type="DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.CEHtmlEditorProvider, DotNetNuke.CEHtmlEditorProvider"
                        providerPath="" />
                </providers>

I have the cuteeditor.dll, the provider dll, the .lic, and the dll for the dictionary all in the dnn/bin folder.

I continue to get the following error:

Error: Edit Text/HTML is currently unavailable.
    DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.TextEditor.set_Text(String Value) at DotNetNuke.EditHtml.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Error loading module
    DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditorProvider.Instance() at DotNetNuke.TextEditor.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.UserControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

•  01-18-2005, 10:46 AM 3543 in reply to 3533

Re: DNN Trouble

•  01-19-2005, 1:53 AM 3562 in reply to 3533

Re: DNN Trouble

When this happens - you need to clear your host settings, then click admin/filemanager/synchnronise database.  This is because the installation is not a PA, so you need to synchronise - I found this on my live site helped.

Nina Meiers

Nina Meiers - Berry Farmer and Web Developer
View as RSS news feed in XML