Safari and Firefox issues

Last post 09-03-2007, 1:40 AM by lukeg. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-25-2007, 3:54 PM 32887

Safari and Firefox issues

There are a couple of issues I'm having with CuteChat at the moment:

1. The embedded chat mode doesn't work in Safari. I can get CuteChat to work if I use the direct URL (i.e. "/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/CH_MainForm.Aspx?Location=Lobby&LocationId=1"), but I get the following error when I try to load my own page in embed mode:

Disconnected , Error : Value cannot be null
      Parameter name: location

The page works fine in IE and Firefox - I only get the error in Safari.

2. Contextual menus go all wacky in Firefox when using an XHTML DOCTYPE. They work fine using the default HTML 4.0 Transitional DOCTYPE, but if I switch to XHTML, all new menus appear in the bottom left-hand corner of the page (instead of where the mouse is clicked).

Any ideas on how these issues can be resolved?
  •  09-03-2007, 1:40 AM 33175 in reply to 32887

Re: Safari and Firefox issues

Ok, I managed to fix my problems. If anyone's interested:

1. It seems that the querystring gets added to the URL of the embedded flash file when using Safari. Adding "Location=Lobby&LocationId=1" to the end of the embedded page URL will get the chat working again. Alternately, you can edit EmbedChannel.ascx so that these values are passed on to the flash file.

2. I got around the menu issue by detecting whether a Mozilla browser is being used and then serving it a HTML 4.0 DOCTYPE instead of the XHTML. It's not ideal, but it works.

View as RSS news feed in XML