Missing Chat Participation Count/Peek

Last post 05-04-2006, 12:54 AM by cutechat. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-30-2006, 1:55 AM 18608

Missing Chat Participation Count/Peek

In the previous version, my users were able to see if a chat room had any participants and if they hovered over the icon, the usernames would show in a tooltip.  It appears v3.0 no longer supports that, yet as 'small' as this feature seems, it was a favorite.  Any chance of this coming back?

-Rich
  •  04-30-2006, 12:09 PM 18610 in reply to 18608

Re: Missing Chat Participation Count/Peek

Hi

The CuteChat3 support that . But for the integration part , we haven't write code for that yet . After we finish all integration code for each portals , we will continue to improve that feature .

Regards , Terry .
  •  05-02-2006, 7:15 PM 18750 in reply to 18610

Thanks Terry...

Another question came up, in my CS environment, I have about 20+ forums and each forum has it's own 'chat room'.  Is there a way where I can only have the 'Chat' icon to display next to certain forums or is it an all or nothing configuration?

-Rich
  •  05-03-2006, 8:16 AM 18763 in reply to 18750

Rich:

You could do this to implement your request .

1. goto chat admin page /CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/Admin/  ,  and create a lobby , remember the id , for example '123' (see the code below)

2. modify the Tmemes/%skinname%/Skins/View-ForumGroupView.ascx and change the link for it :

original code :
    <h2 class="CommonTitle">
        <asp:HyperLink CssClass="headermaintitle"  id="BlogTitle" runat="server" />
        ( <a href='<%=ResolveUrl("~/RedirectBlogToChat.Aspx?BlogId="+CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.Weblogs.GetWeblog(CSContext.Current.ApplicationKey).SectionID) %>' target=_blank>Chat</a> )
    </h2>

change to the fixed id :
    <h2 class="CommonTitle">
        <asp:HyperLink CssClass="headermaintitle"  id="BlogTitle" runat="server" />
        ( <a href='<%=ResolveUrl("~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/CH_MainForm.Aspx?Location=Lobby&LocationId=123")%>' target=_blank>Chat</a> )
    </h2>

Regards , Terry .

•  05-03-2006, 10:20 PM 18793 in reply to 18763

Just to be clear...all this does is 'force' everyone into the same chat room, correct?  I was hoping there was a way to only have the 'Chat' link available on sepcific forums rather than all of them...is that not possible?
  •  05-04-2006, 12:54 AM 18797 in reply to 18793

Rich:

For that case , you could write a method for that while the forum-list is databinding .

(Oh,sorry , I copy the wrong code for the blog)
     <td class="CommonListCell ForumGroupTotalThreadsColumn" align="center">
      <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" Target="_blank" NavigateUrl='<%# ResolveUrl("~/RedirectForumToChat.Aspx?ForumId="+((Forum) Container.DataItem).SectionID) %>' runat="server"

Visible='<%# YouCodeToDetermineIsTheForumVisible( (Forum)Container.DataItem )  %>'

>Chat</asp:HyperLink>
     </td>

you code :
    static public bool YouCodeToDetermineIsTheForumVisible(Forum forum)
    {
        if(forum.Name=="Hello") return true;

if ( forum Some Property Is OK ) return true;

return false;
    }

Hope this helps

View as RSS news feed in XML