Session("ImageGalleryPath")

Last post 12-29-2005, 2:49 PM by rhein. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-29-2005, 1:36 PM 14215

Session("ImageGalleryPath")

In trying to get the the upload portion of the editor working I've run accross a problem.

On line 15 of browse_Img.asp there is the following line:
    If InStr(Lcase(ImageGalleryPath),Lcase(trim(Session("ImageGalleryPath")))) <= 0 or Session("ImageGalleryPath") ="" then 

This code is the logic that dictates weather or not to display the message : The area you are attempting to access is forbidden

In looking at this: the problem appears that the Session("ImageGalleryPath") = "" In other words, the right side of the or clause is true, however, the left side is false. - the InStr returns 1.

So, I commented out that section to see what would happen, and everything is working correctly, I can upload images and see them in the folder. However, instead of hacking up the CuteEditor code, I'd rather fix the Session problem. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

•  12-29-2005, 1:44 PM 14216 in reply to 14215

Re: Session("ImageGalleryPath")

Turns out you can't have the application configured on the Cute_EditorFiles dir in IIS.

Once I removed the application, then it worked.

Rick

•  12-29-2005, 2:49 PM 14217 in reply to 14216

Re: Session("ImageGalleryPath")

One more follow up - turning off the applicaiton fixes this problem, but breaks the spell checker....

Adam,

Just out of curiosity: Why are you looking at the Session("ImageGalleryPath") instead of just looking to see if the ImageGalleryPath it self is the empty string? Is there some reason that I'm not seeing?

Thanks.

View as RSS news feed in XML