Pop-Up Blocked by IE and FireFox

Last post 04-25-2005, 11:10 AM by cutechat. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-18-2005, 9:46 AM 5819

Pop-Up Blocked by IE and FireFox

Hello! My name is James, from the UK.

//
    // Chat Window Blocked by IE and FireFox
    //
    I need a .NET IM component that could be integrated to an upcoming ASP.NET project of mine. After test driving the Cute Web Messenger, I have found that with Windows XP SP2 Internet Explorer will treat the Chat window as a Pop-Up and block it by default; same thing happens to FireFox. This is not something that I would like my users to experience -- pop-up's are very annoying, and if a user is prompted that a pop-up has been blocked, it is very unlikely that he/she would unblock it.

//
    // Solution?
    //
    I wonder, must the Chat window be initiated as a pop-up window?

Best regards
    James

•  04-19-2005, 11:11 AM 5892 in reply to 5819

Re: Pop-Up Blocked by IE and FireFox

James :

We are unable to avoid the blocker , especial the XP2 .

Current we just display a button to let the app could continue .

I think the best way is let the users stop the blocker on the target website .

Regards , Terry .
  •  04-25-2005, 8:00 AM 6095 in reply to 5892

Just abuot everybody is blocking popups these days; my client with XP service pack 2 presses the allow popup button oon the chat room but the button never disappears, the page loads and says at the bottom Done but with page errors and the person is not logged into the chat room!  He can press the allow popup button and manually close that little window and the same thing happens.  My client cannot access their own chat room!  Something needs to be done about this.  Why popups when there are so so so many popup blockers on the internet these days?

Furthermore, even though he's running IE 6 the Tools menu does not show the blockup menu item where you can list an URL to allow! 

How does he set the URL to be allowed through the popup blocker?

•  04-25-2005, 11:07 AM 6104 in reply to 6095

Maybe the users have many tools that would block the CuteChat ? google toolbar or others ?

Regards , Terry .
  •  04-25-2005, 11:10 AM 6105 in reply to 6104

When the window is blocked , the CuteChat would display a button . but it would not cancel the blocker by that button.

For winxp sp2 users , the should click the third panel of the statusbar , select the [Pop up blocker Settings] , and add your site into the [Allowed sites] list .

Regards , Terry .
View as RSS news feed in XML