Cute Soft WYSIWIG Editor in an update panel to prevent postback

Last post 07-18-2016, 3:47 AM by yennhikorea. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-16-2016, 7:37 AM 83386

Cute Soft WYSIWIG Editor in an update panel to prevent postback

Hi , I am using Cute Softs WYSYWIG HTML  editor on one of our products, however when switching from normal text and html and vice versa the page reloads when either of these buttons are clicked. Is it possible to prevent the page from being reloaded . Could it be possible for me to place the Cute Soft WYSIWIG Editor in an update panel to prevent the postback. The editor is placed populated in plcContent placeholder

<asp:Repeater runat="server" ID="zoneRepeater">

<ItemTemplate>

<div>

Zone Content #<%# Eval("Index")%>

</div>

<div>

<asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="plcContent" />

</div>

</ItemTemplate>

</asp:Repeater>  

•  05-16-2016, 8:24 AM 83387 in reply to 83386

Re: Cute Soft WYSIWIG Editor in an update panel to prevent postback

hi,

switch between normal/html view will not causes the page post back, can you try on demo http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx ? do you get the same issue on it?

and please create a example page with the code below and test it under your site, does it gets the same issue too? when this example page load, the lable will shows 1, if you do a post back by the button, it will shows 2. you can try the same with by switch between normal/html button, does the label text be changed too?

1. <%@ Page Language="C#" ValidateRequest="false" %>  
    3. <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>  
    5. <script runat="server">  
    7.     protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    8.     {  
    9.         int number = 2;  
    10.         if (!IsPostBack)  
    11.         {  
    12.             number = 1;  
    14.         }  
    15.         label1.Text = number.ToString();  
    16.     }  
    17. </script>  
    19. <html>  
    20. <head>  
    21.     <title>example </title>  
    22. </head>  
    23. <body>  
    24.     <form id="Form1" runat="server">  
    25.         <CE:Editor ID="editor1" runat="server">  
    26.         </CE:Editor>  
    27.         <asp:Button ID="button1" runat="server" Text="do a post back" /><br />  
    28.         <asp:Label ID="label1" runat="server"></asp:Label>  
    29.     </form>  
    30. </body>  
    31. </html>  

Regards,

Ken 

•  05-17-2016, 5:17 AM 83458 in reply to 83387

Hi Kenneth , thank you for your assisatance. I have tried the sample coded you have sent me  and you were correct in saying that switching from Html to Normal that it does not do a post bask . I have two WYSIWIG Editor  on the Page and found out that the first editor does not cause a problem. However when I click the normal text button on the second editor it focuses on first editor giving the impression that the page has been reloaded or moved to the top; would you by any chance know why this happens?

Regards Mahesh 

•  05-17-2016, 12:32 PM 83461 in reply to 83458

hi,

I have no clue too, can you create an example page which can reproduce this issue and post here? so we can test with it directly.

regards,

Ken 

•  07-05-2016, 5:46 AM 83788 in reply to 83386

I don't know anything about editors for coding, but as a writer that often use text editors (and I have seen them a lot!) I'd suggest you browsing this review site where you can find some cool apps besttexteditor.com
  •  07-18-2016, 3:47 AM 83835 in reply to 83788

Jenny1green:
    I don't know anything about editors for coding, but as a writer that often use text editors (and I have seen them a lot!) I'd suggest you browsing this review site where you can find some cool apps besttexteditor.com

I'm having the same issue, hoping to get help

Luôn mong muốn mang đến dịch vụ thiet ke website giá rẻ 500k/dịch vụ thiet ke web ban hang chuyen nghiep chuẩn SEO luôn nhé/chuyên thiết kế trang web thương mại điện tử bán hàng online/magento 2 extensions/dịch vụ thiết kế web/thiết kế web trọn gói/thiết kế web doanh nghiệp/kinh doanh truc tuyen/bán hàng online hiệu quả và thành công nhất
View as RSS news feed in XML