AllowedFileExtensions works only in IE, doesn't work in Chrome, Firefox, Opera

Last post 01-26-2016, 7:57 AM by Kenneth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-26-2016, 4:09 AM 82344

AllowedFileExtensions works only in IE, doesn't work in Chrome, Firefox, Opera

Hello,

I set dynamically ValidateOption.AllowedFileExtensions to limit the upload to given file extensions, and it works well in IE. But with Chrome and other browsers the setting simply doesn't work and I'm able to upload any file extension. I tried to change the delimiter of the allowed extensions, testing both the comma and the semicolon. The same: IE ok, the others not. Testet even with only one file extension: nothing changed.

Did I forgot anything?

Thank you four your help,

Daniele

•  01-26-2016, 7:57 AM 82345 in reply to 82344

Re: AllowedFileExtensions works only in IE, doesn't work in Chrome, Firefox, Opera

Hi,

the setting still work, you can try select the other file extension and upload it, the conttrol will throw the error with file extension does not support. this due to the system/browser limitation, so we can not do the full control of the select file dialog, but the uploader will still valid the file extension at server side, do not need to worry about the user can uploads other file extensions except the one you set for the uploader.

regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML