Error uploading a long-name file: The specified path, file name, or both are too long.

Last post 03-26-2014, 8:54 AM by Kenneth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-26-2014, 7:31 AM 80150

Error uploading a long-name file: The specified path, file name, or both are too long.

Hi.

I am trying to upload a file with a rather long name (~ 170 characters) and get the error message: "The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name mush be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters."

My understanding is, the CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader control first asynchronously uploads files into a local folder and then sends a POST request to the server, triggerring the files processing. So my guess is, the temp folder the control puts files into has quite long name, causing the problem.

I can't find any documentation on what the temp folder is and how to change it's location. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks a lot!

Regards, 

Dmitry 

Filed under:
  •  03-26-2014, 8:54 AM 80152 in reply to 80150

Re: Error uploading a long-name file: The specified path, file name, or both are too long.

Hi,

By default, it will use your system temp folder "C:\Windows\Temp". You can set property "TempDirectory" to change the temp folder for the uploader controk, more detail please refer to http://www.ajaxuploader.com/document/scr/html/BeforeYouBegin.htm

Regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML