Loss of Entered Text

Last post 12-29-2013, 1:38 AM by lrebich. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-16-2013, 9:30 PM 78615

Loss of Entered Text

We are using CuteEditor in an application where people can enter 'learning journal' information. A very small number are losing entered text. From one of our reps:

· Mostly in the Learning Journal (but in a few cases in other fields as well)
    · People click “edit” to start CE in a grid row and enter text into the learning journal (there is nothing distinctive about the text – no formatting, &, > or anything else) 
    · People click “OK” and the cuteeditor box closes but the text entry is gone · People click on the back arrow and the edit box reopens with the data present 
    · People click “OK” again and this time it is saved 

This has happened with different people, in different locations, with different companies, though it has happened most frequently with a single group from Cigna based in Phoenix.

I recently installed version 6.7 but the problem persists. 

•  12-17-2013, 8:04 AM 78619 in reply to 78615

Re: Loss of Entered Text

Hi lrebich,

Does this issue happen before? Or got this problem after upgraded to 6.7? Have you updated the dll file and the whole "CuteSoft_Client" folder?

Regards,

Ken 

•  12-17-2013, 11:32 AM 78626 in reply to 78619

>Does this issue happen before?

It happened with 6.6. We though 6.7 would solve the issue.

>Have you updated the dll file and the whole "CuteSoft_Client" folder?

Yes. We updated the dll and all the client side files.

Larry

•  12-18-2013, 9:03 AM 78631 in reply to 78626

Hi lrebich,

I am not sure it is the editor issue or just the coding problem on your page. Can you reproduce this issue on our demo http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx? If yes, can you show me the full steps? So we can check it too.

Regards,

Ken 

•  12-25-2013, 2:27 AM 78661 in reply to 78631

Unfortunately the loss of data is not reproducable. It happens only rarely. On the rare occasion that it fails the clients have learned to use the browser's back button and to try the save again. And it then always works.
  •  12-29-2013, 1:38 AM 78670 in reply to 78661

6.7 may have fixed the loss of data. We have not had any recent reports of lost data. I will keep this topic open for a little while longer but do hope that 6.7 fixed it.
View as RSS news feed in XML