Custom Font Face and Size Drop Down List Duplication When Customized

Last post 03-15-2012, 10:06 AM by cw808. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-14-2012, 5:53 PM 73449

Custom Font Face and Size Drop Down List Duplication When Customized

Hi

I have modified the common.config file per the Cutesoft online documentation to custom the font face and font size drop downs. I am not using the latest version of cute editor (I'm not sure how to check what version I have, although it is at least v6) and the online instruction don't match what I see in my common.config file. Here is what I have in my config file:
      <FontName>
       <item text="Arial" html="&lt;font face='Arial'&gt;Arial&lt;/font&gt;">Arial</item>
       <item text="Arial Narrow" html="&lt;font face='Arial Narrow'&gt;Arial Narrow&lt;/font&gt;">Arial Narrow</item>
       <item text="Verdana" html="&lt;font face='Verdana'&gt;Verdana&lt;/font&gt;">Verdana</item>
       <item text="Comic Sans MS" html="&lt;font face='Comic Sans MS'&gt;Comic Sans MS&lt;/font&gt;">Comic Sans MS</item>
       <item text="Courier" html="&lt;font face='Courier'&gt;Courier&lt;/font&gt;">Courier</item>
       <item text="Georgia" html="&lt;font face='Georgia'&gt;Georgia&lt;/font&gt;">Georgia</item>
       <item text="Impact" html="&lt;font face='Arial'&gt;Impact&lt;/font&gt;">Impact</item>
       <item text="Lucida Console" html="&lt;font face='Lucida Console'&gt;Lucida Console&lt;/font&gt;">Lucida Console</item>
       <item text="Tahoma" html="&lt;font face='Tahoma'&gt;Tahoma&lt;/font&gt;">Tahoma</item>
       <item text="Times New Roman" html="&lt;font face='Times New Roman'&gt;Times New Roman&lt;/font&gt;">Times New Roman</item>
       <item text="Wingdings" html="&lt;font &gt;Wingdings&lt;/font&gt;">Wingdings</item>
      </FontName>
      <FontSize>
       <item text="[[NotSet]]" value="null">
        <html><![CDATA[[[NotSet]]]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="8pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:8pt'&gt;8pt&lt;/span&gt;">8pt</item>
       <item text="9pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:9pt'&gt;9pt&lt;/span&gt;">9pt</item>
       <item text="10pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:10pt'&gt;10pt&lt;/span&gt;">10pt</item>
       <item text="11pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:11pt'&gt;11pt&lt;/span&gt;">11pt</item>
       <item text="12pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:12pt'&gt;12pt&lt;/span&gt;">12pt</item>
       <!-- <item text="12px" html="&lt;span style='font-size:12px'&gt;12px&lt;/span&gt;">12px</item>-->
       <item text="1 (8pt)" value="1">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='1'>Size 1 </font>(8pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="2 (10pt)" value="2">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='2'>Size 2 </font>(10pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="3 (12pt)" value="3">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='3'>Size 3 </font>(12pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="4 (14pt)" value="4">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='4'>Size 4 </font>(14pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="5 (18pt)" value="5">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='5'>Size 5 </font>(18pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="6 (24pt)" value="6">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='6'>Size 6 </font>(24pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="7 (36pt)" value="7">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='7'>Size 7 </font>(36pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <!--
       <item text="26px" value="26px">
        <html><![CDATA[<span style='font-size:26px'>26px</span>]]></html>
       </item>
       -->
      </FontSize>

and here is what I see in the editor:

Why am I getting the duplication in the drop down lists? Any help appreciated, thanks!
  •  03-15-2012, 12:08 AM 73455 in reply to 73449

Re: Custom Font Face and Size Drop Down List Duplication When Customized

Please make sure you have only one configuration file in CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\Configuration\Shared folder.

asp.net Chat http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/default.aspx
    Web Messenger: http://cutesoft.net/Web-Messenger/default.aspx
    asp.net wysiwyg editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx
    asp wysiwyg html editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP
    asp.net Image Gallery: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/default.aspx
    Live Support: http://cutesoft.net/live-support/default.aspx

•  03-15-2012, 8:26 AM 73469 in reply to 73455

Hi

There is common.config and then common.config.exclude in that folder. Which should I be keeping there and using?

Also why does your online help code example look entirely different from what is in the config file? I would be nice to just put <item text="9pt" html="9pt"/> and have that work.

Thanks for your reply

•  03-15-2012, 9:12 AM 73471 in reply to 73469

Hi cw808,

1. Please use the  common.config

2. You got the duplication because you have tow same <item> in the list. Please remove one of them.

<FontSize>
       <item text="[[NotSet]]" value="null">
        <html><![CDATA[[[NotSet]]]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="8pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:8pt'&gt;8pt&lt;/span&gt;">8pt</item>
       <item text="9pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:9pt'&gt;9pt&lt;/span&gt;">9pt</item>
       <item text="10pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:10pt'&gt;10pt&lt;/span&gt;">10pt</item>
       <item text="11pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:11pt'&gt;11pt&lt;/span&gt;">11pt</item>
       <item text="12pt" html="&lt;span style='font-size:12pt'&gt;12pt&lt;/span&gt;">12pt</item>
       <!-- <item text="12px" html="&lt;span style='font-size:12px'&gt;12px&lt;/span&gt;">12px</item>-->
       <item text="1 (8pt)" value="1">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='1'>Size 1 </font>(8pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="2 (10pt)" value="2">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='2'>Size 2 </font>(10pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="3 (12pt)" value="3">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='3'>Size 3 </font>(12pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="4 (14pt)" value="4">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='4'>Size 4 </font>(14pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="5 (18pt)" value="5">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='5'>Size 5 </font>(18pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="6 (24pt)" value="6">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='6'>Size 6 </font>(24pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <item text="7 (36pt)" value="7">
        <html><![CDATA[<font size='7'>Size 7 </font>(36pt)]]></html>
       </item>
       <!--
       <item text="26px" value="26px">
        <html><![CDATA[<span style='font-size:26px'>26px</span>]]></html>
       </item>
       -->
      </FontSize>

3. It looks different, I think because your developer (or some one) changed this file before. common.config.exclude should be the back up of this config file.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  03-15-2012, 9:26 AM 73472 in reply to 73471

Hi

Ok, I had created a backup of the file I was working - "common - Copy.config" and apparently the editor was also reading that. I removed it from the diretory and the duplication goes away - thanks.

No, I am the only developer and prior to adding these lines
       <item text="Arial Narrow" html="&lt;font face='Arial Narrow'&gt;Arial Narrow&lt;/font&gt;">Arial Narrow</item>
    the file was untouched.

The 2 lines you point out format the same but are not duplicates at all nor was that the duplication in my images that I was concerned about.

So...the question remains, can I enter item lines formatted per your online help files (eg, <item text="9pt" html="9pt"/>) or do I need to use the more complicated item strings above? Will the simply format work correctly in the editor?

Thanks!
  •  03-15-2012, 9:41 AM 73474 in reply to 73472

Hi cw808,

I suggest you use the format below.

1. The red part is the actual value which will add for your select text in editor. 

2. The orange part is the text which shows in the editor dropdown list   

3. The blue part is the text (the text of #2 above) style which shows in the editor dropdown list

<item text="" value="20pt">
            <html><![CDATA[<font style='color:red'>size 8</font>]]></html>
    </item>

Regards,

Ken 
  •  03-15-2012, 10:06 AM 73476 in reply to 73474

Ok great, thanks!
View as RSS news feed in XML