Can anyone explain how to create a cookie to have users automatically login?

Last post 08-21-2008, 11:17 AM by jeffmace. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-21-2008, 11:17 AM 43134

Can anyone explain how to create a cookie to have users automatically login?

I am having a  hard time getting my brain wrapped around how I can automatically log in my already logged in users.

I am not a .NET programmer, I am a ColdFuson programmer.   I want to use this chat system, because it is very slick...  The only people that can get to this chat application are users that are logged in.   I carry their username and ID in a session variable and it's accessible at all times.  I can create a cookie at login that i guess the chat can look to to log the user in?  I do not understand the integration manual and what to do with it.

Since I already know that the user is logged in a good for the site, what is the easiest way to have the user join a chat with their username?

Basically I just want them to click a link, see the general chat room i setup and all of a sudden their username will appear on the right side. 

Can this be done via cookie, i don't get that intergration routine and not sure if its really needed for this.
View as RSS news feed in XML