CE fires Public Sub Page_Load(sender As object, e As System.EventArgs) a second time when running Firefox

Last post 07-08-2007, 1:07 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-07-2007, 10:58 PM 31381

CE fires Public Sub Page_Load(sender As object, e As System.EventArgs) a second time when running Firefox

Why is it doing that?

How to fix it?

To prove:

Compile and launch any page with a CE in it, running in Firefox. In codebehind, put breakpoint in Page_Load. Watch the breakpoint get triggered twice.

•  07-08-2007, 10:57 AM 31384 in reply to 31381

Re: CE fires Public Sub Page_Load(sender As object, e As System.EventArgs) a second time when running Firefox

Hi Fred,

I too have been having this problem. I've started a new thread which identifies in a bit more detail what is happening.

Thanks,
    Ady
  •  07-08-2007, 12:45 PM 31385 in reply to 31384

Re: CE fires Public Sub Page_Load(sender As object, e As System.EventArgs) a second time when running Firefox

Unfortunately, it's a serious problem that makes CE useless in Firefox.

I wish they would just get a bloody stable release and quit screwing up this product. It's already getting a reputation as bloated and buggy. Forum after forum is telling people to stay away because of bloat, bugs and bad tech support.

I really liked the product, but they sure need some leadership in getting it fixed and stable.

Every time there's a change, another bunch of bugs show up. It's also crazy for us to continually fix, release, fix, release. We end up constantly changing our customer installs.

This morning we went back to FreeTextBox for some of our minor modules, just so we can have stability, even though FTB is not as feature-rich - it is stable, has a single compile AND can be deployed without the hundreds of support files that CE requires.

If they had converters to and from .DOC, .RTF and others, we'd also go back to FTB for our main module as well. Mind you, CE doesn't have fully working converters either...
  •  07-08-2007, 1:07 PM 31388 in reply to 31385

Hi Fredd,

This sounds like it is a side effect of a fix of another bug (i.e. a bug in the fix).

Unfortunatly this is just the usual route that software goes through, thats why we never use any Microsoft products untill at least the second service pack. The quality of software is dependant on the testing team, rather than the developer.

Our own software goes through three levels of testing by different (competing) teams, but ineveitably things get through.

Ady

View as RSS news feed in XML