V6 IE5.5 Automation server cannot create object

Last post 06-19-2007, 10:03 AM by AndyFel. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-06-2007, 9:31 AM 30429 in reply to 30395

Re: V6 IE5.5 Automation server cannot create object

Hi

Wish I could email you the settings, but unfortunately this is on a secure network where they have locked down everything.  Altho how secure a network can be when its running an ancient bug ridden unsupported browser is anyones guess!!!!

All i can say is 5.3 works on it and this one doesnt!

If your confident this works on IE5.5 with activeX disabled, then I think all we can do in this case then is try to make it work side by side.

Do you know if i can run both versions of your editor in one website?

Thanks
    Andy
  •  06-19-2007, 10:03 AM 30889 in reply to 30429

Re: V6 IE5.5 Automation server cannot create object

HI Adam

I have just created a fudge to get this working on our locked down IE5.5.

Basically when the page first loads, the toolbar does not show and neither does the HTMl. I have added a button on the form when it detects IE5.5 which the user can click to goto another webpage which then uses history.back() to go back to the editor page. Amazingly the toolbar and HTML are now there!

There are the odd javascript errors on some of the popups but we had those on the 5.3 version of your editor. So our users are used to those ones. The menus have a strange [[ ]] round every time, too but can live with that. The main thing is that they can edit the html in both views and save etc.

So one happy chappy here, but please can you look at fixing http://cutesoft.net/forums/thread/30427.aspx
    You dont seem to have spotted this item at all. Fix that and I should be able to finally upgrade.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 (22 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML