Installing Live Support for Community Server 2.1
The following guide shows the steps to implement a Cute Live Support into Community
Server application. If you haven't downloaded the software, please download the
software copy from
1. Unzip file and copy CuteChat client files to the Community Server solution.
The following files/folder should be deployed to the root of your Community
2. Deploying CuteChat.dll assembly and license file
The following files should be deployed to bin directory of your Community
3. Setup database
Execute the Chat SQL file(SQLScripts\cutechat5.sql) against your Community Server
to create the necessary tables.
4. Setup Live Support Operator application
The Live Support Operator application (LiveSupportOperatorClient.msi) should be
installed on all operator's machines.
5. Logging in operator client using username "admin":
When you initially open the program you will see the screen below:
- Web service Url: The Url of your website which contains
- User name: The operator user name.
- Password: The operator password.
- Remember password: Check this box, if you want to save this password for
Go toWindows->Start->All Programs->Cute LiveSupport->Config Live Support
Operator to set default value of Web service Url:
<add key="CuteChatServiceUrlBase" value="http://yoursite.com"/>
Important note about Web service Url
You must upload your CuteSoft_client folder to this exact location. For example,
if the folder is located at http://yoursite.com/livesupport/CuteSoft_Client, then
the URL here is http://yoursite.com/livesupport. Incorrect URL can cause exceptions.
6. Create departments and assign CS users as operators
a. In the "Departments/Agents" panel, right click, click the "New Department" menu,
then add departments.
b. Select the department, right click, click the "New Agent" menu, then add new
c. If you want to remove the agent, please select the agent, right click, click
the "Remove Agent" menu.